A number of products that is now being used in the Philippines was first conceived in Cebu City.
1. Internet. The Philippines officially went online on the internet in 1994 at the University of San Carlos.
2. College. The University of San Carlos is the first and oldest college in Asia. It was established by the Spanish Jesuits on August 1, 1595. It was originally called the Colegio de San Ildefonso.
3. Wifi and WiMax. Cebu City is the first to experience Wifi and WiMax.
4. Wifi in bridges. Two Mactan bridges are first to be Wifi-ready bridges in the Philippines.
Related Cebu City articles
- Cebu Towns now Cities
- Cebu is the Philippine’s Top Tourist Destination
- Tsunami Panic in Cebu City
- Bus proposal for Cebu gains Support
- Who's Slowly Killing the Cebuanos?
- Stop Flyover
- Hello world!
- I Love Cebu Shirts
- Gaisano South on Fire
- Winners of the Cebu 2010 Election